Hair loss can be normal, as in seasonal hair loss during the autumn months, but it can also be pathological and be due to hereditary, hormonal and environmental factors. In any case, thinning of the scalp, one of the most important elements of male and female appearance, has a significant impact on the psychology of the individual. Hair Transplantation with the FUE method helps you regain your lost self-confidence, and effectively addresses the problem of hair loss with excellent aesthetic results.
FUE Hair Transplantation has many advantages over the FUT/Strip technique as:
- It is a minimally invasive and well tolerated procedure performed under local anesthesia.
- It allows an immediate return to daily activities and work.
- It presents little to no bleeding.
- Cause no permanent linear scarring on the donor area.
- Has minimum postoperative pain.
- As there is no need for an incision on the donor area – and therefore no suturing – the risk of infection or inflammation is minimized.
- It allows an accurate calculation of the number of hairs to be harvested while preserving the donor area, in case another hair transplant is needed in the future.
- Presents little to no complications (e.g., forehead edema, folliculitis).
- In case the donor area does not have a sufficient number of hair follicles, FUE method allows the extraction of hair follicles from various areas of the body, such as the chest, back and beard.
- It can even be applied to small areas, such as the eyebrows, without leaving permanent scars and marks.
The results of FUE Hair Transplantation are completely natural and permanent, with new hair growth exceeding 95%. The growth of new hair starts immediately and the first results are visible already in the first 2-3 months, while the final result is completed within 12 months.
At Advanced Hair Clinics, member of Cosmetic Derma Medicine Medical Group, we exclusively apply the FUE Hair Transplantation method, mainly in cases of female and male Androgenetic Alopecia, but also in stabilized forms of Cicatricial Alopecia, Alopecia Areata & Diffuse Alopecia, as well as for eyebrows implantation, beard implantation, and body hair restoration (e.g. chest, back).
For more details about the procedure and benefits of FUE Hair Transplant, visit our website: www.advancedhairclinics.gr
What is the cost of an FUE Hair Transplantation?
The cost depends on the hair loss and hair thinning problem that exists, the idiosyncrasy of each patient, any difficulties that may arise from the procedure and many other criteria.
The cost also depends on the number of hairs extracted and implanted, the length of the procedure (one-day or two-day surgery), the existence of scars from a previous FUT/Strip procedure and the desire to cover them, and whether the Unshaven FUE Hair Transplant is chosen.
What is the FUE Hair Transplant Session?
Before performing an FUE Hair Transplantation, shaving of the donor area is required to facilitate the extraction of hair follicles. However, many times, shaving the hair cannot be performed due to the patient’s personal or professional reasons, and in this case the Unshaven FUE is chosen.
The Unshaven FUE Hair Transplant is a highly-skilled and experienced procedure to perform, and there are only a few specialists in the field who can perform it safely and effectively. Plastic Surgeon Dr. Anastasios Vekris, Medical Director of Advanced Hair Clinics, and his team are the only ones in Greece who can perform the Unshaven FUE Hair Transplant with the same ease, even in cases that require a large number of hairs.
Who is a suitable candidate for an FUE Hair Transplantation?
Suitable candidates for an FUE Hair Transplantation are men and women, who are showing:
- Androgenetic alopecia
- Cicatricial alopecia, stable and small in extent such as Lichen planopilaris and traumatic scarring
- Eyebrow hair loss
- Facial hair thickening (moustache, beard in men)
- Scars created from a previous FUT/Strip hair transplant session